Annual Enrollment for Medicare Advantage plans has ended, but the Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Period, allowing plan changes or a return to traditional Medicare continues through March 31, 2019. Make sure you are fully informed about the Medicare that is right for you.
• January 1 – March 31
What Can I Do?
• If you’re in a Medicare Advantage Plan (with or without drug coverage), you can switch to another Medicare Advantage Plan (with or without drug coverage).
• You can disenroll from your Medicare Advantage Plan and return to Original Medicare. If you choose to do so, you’ll be able to join a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan.
• If you enrolled in a Medicare Advantage Plan during your Initial Enrollment Period, you can change to another Medicare Advantage Plan (with or without drug coverage) or go back to Original Medicare (with or without drug coverage) within the first 3 months you have Medicare.
What Can’t I Do?
• Switch from Original Medicare to a Medicare Advantage Plan.
• Join a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan if you’re in Original Medicare.
• Switch from one Medicare Prescription Drug Plan to another if you’re in Original Medicare.
For information about these and other Medicare issues and topics, try the Center for Medicare Advocacy at https://www.medicareadvocacy.org/theres-still-time-to-go-back-to-traditional-medicare-or-change-ma-plans/.